NCBC is one of a few elite organizations that encompass the entire Breast Health Team. With our commitment to continuously improve the quality of breast health, NCBC’s membership services were created to give you the tools to achieve the highest quality of patient care. The NCBC’s membership program assists our members in growing, learning and providing the finest breast health care through our services of networking, information exchange, certifications and continuing education. Membership will run for one year from date of payment.
- Attend the Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference at Member Rate - The most important communication and networking opportunity is the Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference. Each spring NCBC coordinates an annual conference for members and their guests. The registration fee includes meals, breaks and receptions in addition to attendance at all sessions. Attendees meet and exchange information with other breast care professionals from around the US (and several countries from around the world) and form new relationships to expand collegial sharing throughout the remainder of the year. Continuing education credits (CMEs and CEUs) are offered for RTs, RNs and physicians. The focus of each conference varies as the issues facing breast health professionals change.
- Facility Membership Discount - With participation in the facility membership, you receive a 10% discount to attend our annual conference with coupon code for up to 5 staff members when registered by 1/30/16.
- Breast Center of Excellence Certification - Our #1 benefit, and probably most important, is our Breast Center of Excellence certification through NQMBC, National Quality Measures for Breast Centers, which also includes National Quality data collection for eligible facilities.
- Receive the Breast Center Bulletin ONLINE - The NCBC’s newsletter: The Breast Center Bulletin is sent to more than 2,000 breast healthcare professionals world wide. This publication contains articles focused on the latest treatments and programs in breast health. Other articles include spotlights on specific breast centers, updates on current clinical trials and other relevant topics. NCBC members are informed of the most recent annual conference updates as well as updates to the NCBC programs, such as the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program, each month.
- Take Advantage of Publication Opportunities - Contribute an article about your area of expertise or about your breast health facility and its programs for inclusion in the Breast Center Bulletin. Individuals may submit an article or can be contacted for an interview by the Editor. We have two article types available for submission. The Spotlight Article which is 300-500 words in length and about the breast center or breast health facility’s programs, services, expansion, administration or some other topic that would be of interest to other centers around the country. Facility types have included breast centers, wellness centers, women’s centers, imaging centers and university research facilities. Or the Lead Article which is 500-800 words in length and presents information on providing breast healthcare, ie., psychosocial, marketing, genetics, treatments, research findings, center operations,etc. Authors might be in research, a specialist in a specific area of providing breast health, a consultant, breast health educator or knowledgeable about a certain topic. Members wishing to submit an article are encouraged to contact the Editor.
- Network with Breast Health Professionals through the Information Exchange Program - This exciting program provides an immediate and direct way to question and receive answers from breast professionals across the country. Questions may be about protocol, expanding programs, policies/procedures, job descriptions, etc. The Information Exchange also announces job openings, fellowships and partnerships. Each question and its responses are posted on the NCBC website and can be accessed by members.
- Appear in our National Directory of Breast Centers - Each site or facility member is listed in the Directory of Breast Centers and has its own facility listing on NCBC’s website. The listing for each member site contains: the facility location; the name and title of a contact person; a descriptive narrative about the facility; a list of services offered by the facility; a picture of the facility; a hot link to the facility’s website; and a notification if the center accepts self referrals. Individuals visiting the NCBC website will be able to search the Directory of Breast Centers to locate breast centers in their area of the country and discover the services offered at each breast facility. This also serves as a marketing tool for members.
- Save Development and Research Time with access to Sample Job Descriptions and other Sample Forms - Prevent time spent on “reinventing the wheel” if you are creating job descriptions or refer to sample forms for other administrative functions provided by your peers. Samples are contained on the NCBC website under the “Members Only” section.
- Exhibit at the Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Conference - Each spring the NCBC coordinates an annual conference for breast health professionals. Attendees meet and exchange information with other breast care professionals from around the world and form new relations to expand collegial sharing throughout the remainder of the year. Continuing education credits (CMEs and CEUs) are offered for RTs, RNs and physicians. An exhibit hall is included as a vital part of this conference. Exhibit space is located in the conference meeting area where all meal and reception functions are held. Conference attendance is usually just over 800 attendees.
Diversity Encourages Participation
Several committees help facilitate NCBC's programs. With the membership representing many distinct fields of training, personal involvement through participation in one or more of the committees is encouraged. Below is a list of NCBC committees in which members are invited to become involved.
Please have your member ID number on hand to enter the Members-Only section of this website so you can let us know on which committees you would like to participate. Click here to go to the login page.
Marketing and Public Relations
Inspired Funding Committee
Membership Development Committee
Corporate Identity Committee
Corporate Outreach Committee
Grant Funding Committee
Quality Performance Certifications
National Quality Measures for Breast Center Certification Program Committee
Breast Patient Navigation Certification Program Committee
Clinical Breast Examination Certification Program Committee
Breast Self-Examination Certification Program Committee
Breast Cancer Survivorship Coordination Certification Committee
Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Certification Committee
Conference Program Planning Committee
Abstract/Poster Review Committee
Networking Task Force Committee
Pre-Conference Programs Committee
Impact Award Committee
Inspiration Award Committee
Information Exchange and Networking
Email Exchange Program Committee
Advertising, Underwriting and Outreach Opportunities Committee
Alliance and Partnerships
Organization Liaison Committee
Corporate Liaison Committee
Where do you fit in NCBC?
That really depends on you! If you are a dedicated professional working in the breast health care arena, you will have an opportunity to meet colleagues from around the nation for networking purposes in problem resolution areas or patient care. Many of your colleagues are already members.
Presently, NCBC has among its members individuals that represent the medical fields of radiology, surgery, oncology, OB/GYN and pathology. The clinical fields are represented by members in all levels of counseling, oncology and clinical nursing as well as by nurse practitioners. Radiologic technology is represented in the membership by radiologists specializing in breast imaging. Administrators and managers of breast centers are also included in the membership. These individuals represent centers that are freestanding, community hospital based and university hospital based. Individuals do not have to be affiliated with a breast center to join. The NCBC has members who work at women's centers, wellness centers, other non-profit organizations or private practice. Breast health consultants, authors and representatives from the commercial sector, who deliver equipment and supplies to providers, round out the NCBC membership.
Direct Providers of Patient Care
Medical facilities and individuals that provide direct patient care are included in this classification.
Medical Organization or Medical Facility Membership
This category is for the medical facility. One individual is designated as the primary or lead member. If the individual changes employment or the organization needs to change the lead member, the membership remains with the institution. Types of organizational members include, but are not limited to, imaging centers, breast centers, OB/GYN offices, hospitals with breast services, a group of breast surgeons, wellness or women’s centers, etc. Annual membership for the initial applicant is $600. The facility has its patient services posted on the Internet as well as the primary or lead member as the contact person. This membership allows participation in the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers™ Program
Military/Government Facility Membership
This membership category has the same benefits as the Medical Organization or Medical Facility Membership category but is for military/government provider sites only and has an annual membership fee of $600.
Independent Breast Health Medical Professional
Independent Breast Health Medical Professional membership resides with the individual professional. Membership materials, which include membership lists and Internet listings, will contain only the name of the individual, facility name will be included but no services listed. The list of breast professionals will include the names of independent members. Annual membership is $150.
Direct Breast Health Provider’s Membership Benefits Include
- receipt of the NCBC newsletter, the Breast Center Bulletin;
- the ability to connect with members who have expertise in areas where information is being sought, which reduces researching efforts and expands national networking;
- reduced rates for various publications;
- access to breast professionals around the country;
- a free listing of your center or facility on NCBC's web page;
- a description of your facility as part of your Internet listing;
- access to the members-only section of the website; (sample job descriptions, member Q&As, newsletter archive)
- access to the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers, a quality initiative, for eligible breast center
- access to the NQMBC-Surgeons Program, a quality initiative for individual surgeons
- the Breast Center of Excellence Certification through the NQMBC™ program for eligible breast centers
- a free link to your website from your listing on NCBC's web page;
- register with the member rate to NCBC's Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Conference and includes all meals, breaks and receptions in addition to attendance of all sessions;
- receive 10% discount* off registration to the NCoBC 2015 Annual Breast Center Conference for up to 5 staff members - *when registered before 1/30/2015.;
- access to the Breast Patient Navigator website.
Independent Breast Health Medical Professional - Physician
Physician - Independent Breast Health Medical Professional membership resides with the individual professional. Includes the above Independent Breast Health Professional benefits plus an online subscription to The Breast Journal. Membership materials, which include membership lists and Internet listings, will contain only the name of the individual, facility name will be included but no services listed. The list of breast professionals will include the names of independent members. . Annual membership is $275.
Providers of Breast Health Services or Products
Independent business consultants/professionals, corporate manufacturers, pharmaceuticals and medical suppliers are included in this classification. (Note: These two membership classifications were created to inform NCBC members of the various private sector products and services available to them to improve patient care. The corporate membership benefits were designed to provide a marketing mechanism for corporate members to inform breast center members around the country about products and services. We trust by making information about your products and services available to the membership, there will be increased opportunities to improve the care provided patients and enhance the medical and administrative environment under which patient care is provided. )
Independent Businesses - Consultants and Professionals
Types of members in this group include independent breast health consultants and independent marketing businesses, etc. Annual membership is $250.
Corporations (Medical Manufacturers, Suppliers and Pharmaceuticals)
Membership is with the corporation. One individual is designated as the primary contact. If the individual representing the organization changes employment or needs to be changed, the membership remains with the corporation. Types of members include software companies, research companies, makers of mammography equipment, technology companies, etc. Annual membership is $600.
This type of membership was created to inform NCBC members of the various private sector products and services available to them to improve patient care. The membership benefits were designed to provide a marketing mechanism for private sector business members to inform breast center members around the country about products and services. We trust that making information about products and services available to the membership will increase the opportunities to improve the care provided patients and will enhance the medical and administrative environment under which patient care is provided.
Corporate Membership Benefits Include
- receipt of the NCBC newsletter, Breast Center Bulletin;
- assistance with marketing to member breast health professionals;
- the opportunity to advertise through the NCBC website, Information Exchange or newsletter at a 50% discount;
- free listing on NCBC Internet page describing products and/or services;