X-Ray Associates of New Mexico is seeking a Breast Navigator to support our breast care services in our Albuquerque and Santa Fe locations. The Breast Navigator promotes timely diagnosis and treatment and aims to ensure seamless, coordinated care.
Responsibilities include understanding the clinical, physical, and psycho-social needs related to breast health and disease and proficiency in communicating this information to the patient and family, as appropriate. The Navigator works in partnership with the physicians, clinical team, and patient/patient’s family to meet the patient’s health and treatment goals. The navigator serves as a patient advocate, conducts education, and offers one on one counseling as needed.
- Two years experience in Breast Healthcare services
- Proficient in computer systems, software applications, and data entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise critical independent follow through on projects
- Ability to interact with patients, staff and physicians in a professional, collaborative and compassionate manner.
- Clinical knowledge (breast health, medications, etc.)
- Ability to assess, plan, intervene, and evaluate the physical, emotional, and educational needs of patients.
- Knowledge of current screening, diagnostic tools, and treatment options for breast cancer patients.
- Current Licensure – RN, PA or NP or certification as a Breast Navigator.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, BLS certified required
Job Type: Full-time
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com